yellow+green is the new black+white

30.1.07

#3. one day too late

got stuck in traffic. my bet.

all because in the states we don't have rules for right of way, no, we have this:



meaning: at every junction we stop, look left, look right, look left again, and only then we slowly pull up.

here we have carpool lanes you can ride with only 2 (two!) people.

i don't know if it's just a dutch thing, but here we have never heard of zipping (ritsen) when the road narrows a lane. maybe it's the ultimate example of polder modelling - even in the car we tend to agree in general concensus - but people, it actually makes sense!

here we have automatic cars. one memorable quote by the great vincent gallo says it all:

"Is this a shifter car? I cannot drive a shifter car, alright, so we got a little situation here. I can't drive these kinda cars! What the fuck is goin' on! You think that's funny? Would you like to know, smartass? Would you like to know why I can't drive this kinda car? I'll tell you why, I'm used to *luxury* cars. Have you ever heard of a luxury car? You know what luxury means? Ever heard of Cadillac, Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that *shift* themselves."

here we almost don't have any public transport, cause public transport is for suckers (sorry chao).

when i walk from home to school (just an 8 minute walk, across the 4th street bridge) people slow their cars down, lower their window and call me a cracker. okay, i am from europe, i don't believe that having a car is the ultimate sign of civilization or prosperity, but calling me a cracker, come on!

any way, next time i'll try to leave the home a little notch earlier. promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]dWYjAwafpNfhLvW[/url] - WEsnMoVKRfQs , http://iluubcb.com